Important COVID-19_Update_Proactive Patient & Staff Screening Protocols_November 16, 2020
At Excelsior Orthopaedics the safety and well-being of our patients & staff is our highest priority. Our internal taskforce, made up of physicians and managers, continue to monitor the COVID – 19 situation, develop proactive protocols and ensure that we are following all CDC, NYS and Erie County Department of Health guidelines.
As part of our team’s commitment to keeping all patients and staff safe we continue to enforce the following COVID protocols for patient visits:
- We are following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidance for pre-screening of all patients and caregivers for known symptoms of COVID-19 prior to appointments. If you are sick, experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath or you believe you may have been exposed to COVID – 19. Do not come to your scheduled appointment. Contact your Primary Care Physician immediately and then contact our office by phone: 716-250-9999 or utilize our Patient Portal to send a secure message to reschedule your appointment.
- For your safety, every person entering the facility including employees, will have their temperature taken.
- All Excelsior staff are wearing masks to protect you. We are requiring all patients and any essential caregivers who enter our facilities to wear a mask.
- We are following and enforcing the NYS travelers guidelines. Travel guidance can be viewed here: COVID-19 Travel Advisory.
- We are performing extra cleaning, throughout the day, of all “high touch” surface areas.
- For your safety and ours, we are asking for patients to attend their appointment alone. Exceptions are made for one (1) parent/guardian of minors or an essential caregiver. If you have concerns about attending your appointment without having someone accompany you, please contact our office to discuss alternative options: 716-250-9999. Nonessential guests will be asked to remain in the car or wait outside during the appointment.
For the most up-to-date information and a full list of symptoms and guidelines please review the following websites: